So, this is what I posted last January....my resolutions for 2011. And here are the outcomes...
Resolutions for 2011
1. I will remember to take my reusable bags into Dillons. I am chronically a failure when it comes to this. I will do better.
***I did better with this. Not as well as I would have liked, but better. I had to call this off when a friend started knitting with plastic bags. Hard to explain, but I got them for her.
2. Complain less. Be thankful more. Pray more.
***Definitely more prayers this year and of all things, 2011 showed me how much I have to be thankful for.
3. Keep my checkbook more balanced-ish. Used to be SO good at this but haven't been so good since vacation this fall. Should be an easy fix. Should be.
4. Be kinder to my parents and sister. Might be hard to believe, but I can be perfectly, downright unpleasant. It's true. And in my world, I'm the harshest with those I love the most.
***Depends on the day, but I would say all in all, a better year. It was a rough year that I think ultimately brought my family closer together.
5. Find a local church that I am excited about and get involved!
***I got more excited about a local church and have attended there more regularly, but haven't gotten involved outside of going to services.
6. Keep my office/craft room more organized. (It's somewhat my "Monica's closet" for you Friends fans.)
***Major headway in this department. It's been a work in progress.
7. Read more. Watch less TV.
***Bit of a setback with this one. When my friend Lindsay moved in, I got into watching "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" and have watched a bit obsessively. Hoping to start a book club or exchange this year, so maybe I'll do better.
8. Less multi-tasking. More focusing on a single task wholeheartedly.
***I'm still completely horrible with this. I usually do five things at once and think about 15 things at once.
9. Run in an official 5K race.
***Didn't get this done, but race about 5 miles in a relay race in April. It's definitely going on the list of plans for 2012.
10. Find a volunteer mission I'm passionate about....suggestions welcome.
***Epic fail. I still want to do this.
So, looking back at 2011, there was room for improvement as far as these resolutions go, but I feel like I'm not definced by this little list and overall, 2011 made me a better person and made me want to keep improving....what more can any of us ask for?