Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Look Back at 2011's Resolutions...

So, this is what I posted last January....my resolutions for 2011. And here are the outcomes...

Resolutions for 2011
1. I will remember to take my reusable bags into Dillons. I am chronically a failure when it comes to this. I will do better.
***I did better with this. Not as well as I would have liked, but better. I had to call this off when a friend started knitting with plastic bags. Hard to explain, but I got them for her.

2. Complain less. Be thankful more. Pray more.
***Definitely more prayers this year and of all things, 2011 showed me how much I have to be thankful for.

3. Keep my checkbook more balanced-ish. Used to be SO good at this but haven't been so good since vacation this fall. Should be an easy fix. Should be.
***Um, fail.

4. Be kinder to my parents and sister. Might be hard to believe, but I can be perfectly, downright unpleasant. It's true. And in my world, I'm the harshest with those I love the most.
***Depends on the day, but I would say all in all, a better year. It was a rough year that I think ultimately brought my family closer together.

5. Find a local church that I am excited about and get involved!
***I got more excited about a local church and have attended there more regularly, but haven't gotten involved outside of going to services.

6. Keep my office/craft room more organized. (It's somewhat my "Monica's closet" for you Friends fans.)
***Major headway in this department. It's been a work in progress.

7. Read more. Watch less TV.
***Bit of a setback with this one. When my friend Lindsay moved in, I got into watching "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" and have watched a bit obsessively. Hoping to start a book club or exchange this year, so maybe I'll do better.

8. Less multi-tasking. More focusing on a single task wholeheartedly.
***I'm still completely horrible with this. I usually do five things at once and think about 15 things at once.

9. Run in an official 5K race.
***Didn't get this done, but race about 5 miles in a relay race in April. It's definitely going on the list of plans for 2012.

10. Find a volunteer mission I'm passionate about....suggestions welcome.
***Epic fail. I still want to do this.

So, looking back at 2011, there was room for improvement as far as these resolutions go, but I feel like I'm not definced by this little list and overall, 2011 made me a better person and made me want to keep improving....what more can any of us ask for?

No comments: