Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions for 2011

Welcome 2011! Today is 1-1-11. Craziness. As many people do, as we bring in this new year, I am in the mood of reflecting, processing, and contemplating my life, as well as what I can do to improve it as we are given this fresh start in a new calendar year. I feel like 2010 was a good year for me and have many blessings to be thankful for. Here are some resolutions I've made for the upcoming year. Hypothetically, I would like to check back to them a few times during the year and see how I'm doing. I couldn't narrow it down to one or two. Perhaps I think if I make enough of them, then my odds are higher at meeting a couple of them. Hope everyone is pleased with 2011 so far (it's been 22.5 hours as I write this). My best to you all. xoxo

1. I will remember to take my reusable bags into Dillons. I am chronically a failure when it comes to this. I will do better.
2. Complain less. Be thankful more. Pray more.
3. Keep my checkbook more balanced-ish. Used to be SO good at this but haven't been so good since vacation this fall. Should be an easy fix. Should be.
4. Be kinder to my parents and sister. Might be hard to believe, but I can be perfectly, downright unpleasant. It's true. And in my world, I'm the harshest with those I love the most.
5. Find a local church that I am excited about and get involved!
6. Keep my office/craft room more organized. (It's somewhat my "Monica's closet" for you Friends fans.)
7. Read more. Watch less TV.
8. Less multi-tasking. More focusing on a single task wholeheartedly.
9. Run in an official 5K race.
10. Find a volunteer mission I'm passionate about....suggestions welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should take up making beer