Sunday, January 22, 2012

Making a House a Home...

Over the last few months, I've had the pleasure of having one of my BFFs live with me and while she has looked for a place of her own. Well, it worked out that she's going to rent a house from my mom's friend. It's super cute and lots of potential, with a spare bedroom and a MASSIVE backyard for her dog to run all day. Added bonus is that it's close to my house! My mom's friend wasn't looking to become a landlord, so the house needs a little love, especially in the paint department. The fun part is that Lindsay got to pick out the colors herself (with a couple other friends' expert advice).

So, today we finally got started after a couple of months discussion about this possibility. We painted the ceilings in both of the bedrooms and did some spackling. We took a radio over and one of the first songs to play was "The House That Built Me" by Miranda Lambert....not obviously a direct correlation, as Lindsay didn't grow up in this house, but if definitely resonated that this is a new chapter of her life that's opening up. She was brought here for a job, but I'm excited to see my friend find her spot here and feel more at home. I can't wait for the fun times that will happen for you in this sweet little house, Linds!!

No comments: