Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Vacation....

Hope you all had a great Christmas with your family and friends...mine was great and the first in my parents' new house, so definitely different. I had to work Christmas Eve but got done early and headed to Topeka to celebrate my sister's 25th birthday. We went to church and then had a little birthday party for Meg. My mom's bro and his family from Denver made the journey across Kansas for the holidays and it was nice to spend time with them. Here are some pics from my time at home:


My sis, parents and me on Christmas Eve...

My uncle, aunt and cousin....

My little sis on her birthday (sorry for the creepy smile, I didn't have any better pictures!)

Meg's feelings during the 23 games of "Blockus" that she got beat in....

Sad after all the losing. :(

The mittens I gave to my family that I made to hold silverware on the table....got it from this idea at Crate and Barrel.

Meg at The National Collegiate Basketball Hame of Fame....making some shots!

Denver relatives (KU fans) with the bird....

My completed quilt that I got to give to my friend Lacey at her baby shower for her baby-to-be Hunter...


Another shot...

Me with Lacey and Hunter at the shower....

My parents' backyard during the snow on the Saturday after Christmas...
Jenn and Meg posing for the camera...My first attempt at making "Molten Chocolate Cake"....I used cocoa instead of chocolate squares and they did NOT "turn out"....so gross!

The correct version of the cake....so good!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy start to '09! I am headed to KC tonight to ring in the new year!! Have a good one! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Blockus!

:) said...

SO DO I!!!! I played with some friends last night and thanks to all my practice over Xmas, I won 3 times in a row and went out with the one piece. Whoop whoop! :) Much improved from the first time I played and they beat me everytime!! Hope you had a great Xmas and birthday and New Year's!!