Sunday, October 19, 2008

"Souper" Sunday...

It has definitely been a busy weekend with quite the variety of events...including working yesterday morning and most of today. However, the rest of my time has been great. Friday night consisted of dinner with my friends Linds, a couple Oprah episodes and the long awaited return of my contacts! I wore them out to dinner at Chipotle and felt very fancy. :) More importantly, I got to wear them to play basketball today and it was so nice to not feel like my glasses were going to get caught on the rim when I dunk...

So, after I got off work yesterday, my friend Kylie and I took a trip to McPherson (about 45 minutes away) and it was a lot of fun! I will have to post more about the purpose of the trip another time, but I will give you a hint- Fat Quarter! If you know what this means, then you know more than I did two days ago!! I look forward to sharing about this new adventure in my life...

Last night I watched the KSU game with friends and had a good time with them....even though the game was HORRIBLE! Losing by one point is worse than losing by 50 cause we were SO close! Ugh! On an upnote, I took a pumpkin fluff to dip apples and graham crackers in and it was pretty tasty.....found the recipe on my friend Camdin's blog:

http://forkintheroadcc.blogspot.com/2008/10/leaves-from-ohio.html

Of course, I also took a few pictures....I am bummed I didn't take any of Kylie's daughter Lilah. She is too cute...at not even a year and a half, she is already got it down to say "Touchdown" and put her little arms up.....too bad there weren't very many chances during the game yesterday to do that...but here are a few pictures I took of Elena who will be 3 weeks Monday!


Molly holding her little Longhorn...she was cute; even in all that awful orange!

Had to put this one up Linds! :) Definitely looks like you might be dropping her...not nice.



See, hold a baby like this.....see how happy she looks when I hold her! :)


Anyway, tonight I was putting some "Taco Soup" together for our soup lunch tomorrow at work. We are having a lunch for the physical therapists at the hospital as it is physical therapy month....Speech Therapy month is in May if you would like to plan ahead. The physical therapists gave each of us a small plant in May and I am fairly cerain I killed mine by June....sad. Nevertheless, several people, including me are bringing different soups and the others are bringing crackers, chips, cheese, fruit, etc. I love this time of year when it's starting to get cold and warm foods like soup sound good again! Taco soup is one of my favorites and I will share the recipe in case you want to try it (Denver!!)...In case you are a weight watcher follower or know how that works, it's only 2 points for a cup (so my mom claims, I think it's more like 3)....of course more if you add cheese/sour cream. Give it a try!

Taco Soup:

1 pound ground beef
3 cans chili beans
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can corn
1 1/2 cup water
1 can 4 oz. green chilies
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 dry packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing

Brown ground beef. Mix all ingredients together. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

CC said...

Isn't that Pumpkin Dip awesome? I made it this weekend too. But I only had one 15 ounce can of pumpkin so I made it with all of the same ingredients (same quantities and all...) and it turned out pretty good!

I can't wait to try out the Taco Soup. That sounds delish! And so low in points!

:) said...

Yeah, I was telling my mom what I put in it and she makes it with only 15 ounces of pumpkin....and says it's good that way!

Let me know how you like the soup...it's so easy! :)