Saturday, September 20, 2008

Welcoming fall, a belated gift and a new hair color...

Today is a BEAUTIFUL day!!! I had to work this morning, but it was only from 8-12 and then met my friend Lindsay at a park for a great walk....we enjoyed the awesome weather and got to catch up. We discussed our upcoming trip to Texas to visit my sis and Linds' boyfriend while we go to the K-State vs. Texas AM game- very exciting! Hopefully they start playing better....

Well, since it's such a pretty day, I decided to come home and decorate for fall a little by getting out my Halloween candles and fall centerpiece for the table. I need to get some mums and a pumpkin sometime too to complete the autumn atmosphere...

I have also made my first embroidary purchase from my boss who also does personalized embroidary. I had her customize a couple burp clothes for my friend Aimee's baby Sawyer (see pics below). They are very reasonably priced and she can do anytime (shirts, blankets, etc.)...let me know if you're interested. Aimee and I went to KSU together and had speech therapy classes together. She and her husband Cameron had one son Tucker before welcoming their newest addition in July. Congrats to them!


Also, I got my hair colored the other day (see below)....was sick of the blonde since it grows out so fast; the verdict is still out for me (I know you won't like it Mom). I was going for close to my natural brown, and it's a little darker than I was going for but my stylist says it will fade...time will tell. Additionally, still sporting the glasses (obviously)....I went to the eye doc the other day and I am doomed to them for another month. My vision has returned to 20/20, but my eyes are still dry. Sad! :( Yes, I know, very exciting new in my life. This my not be the deepest blog, but that is what's new in my world! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!



Jenna and me at her hubby's birthday party...

No comments: