Sunday, September 28, 2008

All that is Oktoberfest...

Well, a fair amount of rubber has been burnt off my tires since my last blog, with more in the coming week as my driving around Kansas continues...so, to recap: Wichita to Hays to Manhattan to Wichita the past 3 days; but oh so totally worth it! My first trip to Hays (with the exception of stopping at Wagreens one time on the way to Colorado) was a great one....got to see some friends, tour the town, attend my first Oktoberfest, had my first bierock (even though it was cheeseburger flavored; they were out of the traditional), got an amazingly awkward sunburn with a white line where my necklace was, and even enjoyed the Greys premiere!
Me and one of my best friends since high school, Miss Lacey....enjoying our first Oktoberfest! Me, a bit more than her, as she is preggo with baby boy Hunter who will join the world in February!! :) Can't wait to meet him!
Oktoberfest in all it's glory....

I think the whole town was in attendance...

Saturday morning found me headed east to Manhattan to cheer on the Cats (who need all the cheering they can get it seems). We tailgated with some grilling, my favorite jalepeno chips and mom's brownies. Yum! Thankfully, mom packed SPF 800, so I didn't add to my sunburn from Friday, but it was HOT HOT HOT!!! Hard to believe it's almost October and it was nearly 90 degrees. For my fellow K-Staters, how crazy is this- parking in the grass and vet met is up to $15! Nuts! So, I chose to park at the fraternity down on Denison for a steal of $5 and walked a bit through the newly rebuilt Jardine apartments for students. I couldn't resist snapping a picture for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of seeing what they have done since tearing down the old ratty apartments. It's so nice and peaceful, including a fountain with flowers in the middle of it...see the pic below...very nice.
Pretty fancy, huh?

So, the madness of my driving season (I might become a long-haul trucker if speech therapy goes south) will pick up again Tuesday as I head to the Carrie Underwood concert in Topeka with my mama (it is kind of her to go, as I'm not sure she can sing the words to any of her songs) and then will be in KC later this week for a SLP conference and am SO excited to see my friends up there, before heading to the KSU game next weekend....whew! I get tired just thinking about the hecticness and all the fun that awaits me this week....I need to get to bed so I will be fully rested for all the action ahead!! Hope all of you had a great weekend as well! :)

1 comment:

CC said...

Oh wow, I can't believe how amazing Jardine looks now!