Sunday, August 10, 2008

World poker domination, a beautiful baby shower and a mystery...

Friday night I joined up with friends that I worked with in Andover (and still sometimes do!) for a night of what I planned on being chatting and having a few drinks with people I don't get to catch up with often enough....little did I know that I would triumph as a poker champion!! Too bad we just played with chips! I can count on one hand how many times I have played "real poker" as opposed to video poker, so to my delight, and others shock, I was the winner at my table! I even learned what a flush was, so a pretty productive night all around! Here are some pictures for proof:

The beginning...

Libby and Josh ready to play!

Jenna and me trying to learn the rules!

Jenna and me in the front, with Tara and Libby behind us. Libby and Jenna are the two speech pathologists in Andover and Tara is married to Todd, an occupational therapist there. Todd and Tara were gracious to host us!

Saturday, I went to the nicest baby shower I have ever been to for Molly; a friend from bunko that I originally met through Lindsay, one of my roommates from college (and still good friend!). Lindsay and three of Molly's other friends hosted the nice shower at a baby boutique not too far from my home at a place called "Rylee and Reece"....super cute baby clothes/stuff with a party room in the back. According to Lindsay, people rent the room for baby showers, little girls' birthday or tea parties and even bunko parties! Here are a few pictures from a really lovely afternoon....
Lindsay with the guest of honor Molly (guests if you include baby Alaina!)...they have been friends since middle school.

A diaper cake from one of Molly's hosts...

The animal-themed cookies that match the baby's nursery, along with mints Lindsay made...

The cute, cute room!

The centerpiece at our table....

The place setting....


Me with Linds- what a fabulous host!!

My last event to comment on for this blog is a true mystery to me....it has been quite the drizzling weekend this weekend here in Wichita. Lots of rain! This morning was no different as I had to fill my car with gas after church....it was REALLY crowded, maybe something to do with the "cheap" price of $3.48, which becomes $3.38 when you use your Dillons card. Anyway, I had to wait awhile....in the sprinkly rain, not a big deal since obviously I was inside the car. So, the mystery is that while I waited out an open spot to fill up, I saw THREE men washing their windshields....just a little baffled as to why considering it was RAINING outside! Am I missing something? Is washing it going to make their cars immune to getting rained on? It wasn't like their windshields were really dirty either....so, if you have any explanations as to what their secret is, feel free to let me know! Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

No comments: