Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Ash Wednesday!

.....which according to facebook is apparently also National Margarita Day. Seems like that would have been more appropriate on Mardi Gras. Anyway, I have been struggling with what to give up during Lent (no, I'm not Catholic, but I think it's a great practice). Two years ago I gave up Diet Coke. At the time, I thought I was going to die....but I didn't. Turns out, I am pretty much off of it as is, thanks to my New Years resolution this year. Last year, I gave up sweets, which was good for me. My friend Sharee and I (and whoever else) have decided that we're going to volunteer once a week at Harvesters (a local food pantry that gives backpacks of food to kids that need it for the weekend). I'm looking forward to it and it's something I've been wanting to do anyway. I also decided that I'm going to STOP BITING MY NAILS! Like, for real. I NEED to. It's SO gross and something that I really want to stop....so hopefully not doing it for 40 days will help me to quit the habit. Hopefully your Lent is a time of reflection and thanks....and less nail biting. ;)

No comments: