Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Kickin' it....

Tonight, I took the leap into starting up kickboxing again! Ugh...it....was....tough!!! I used to go during the summers in college (was in much better shape, coincidence...I think not) and it was a really good workout. So, after living in Topeka for 3 months now, I worked up the motivation to go today! After watching Biggest Loser, you would think that would have got me motivated during the season, but alas, today's the day!

I thought the whole thing was going to be a no go. Storms have been predicted all day and I thought if God threw down a tornado in my path, then I probably shouldn't go. He didn't, so I went. Then, the usual instructor called in sick and there wasn't a teacher. But a sub showed up a few minutes late, so we got started. Next, the microphone battery went dead....so surely then we would stop the torture, but the instructor just managed to yell for 30 minutes of kickboxing and 23 minutes of abs.

Will let you know how I feel tomorrow....I am guessing it's not going to be "good." Good news is, maybe if I go back again, it will be easier!!

No comments: