Sunday, January 18, 2009

Good deals and girl time....



It has been quite the week for shopping in my world. An awesome quilting/fabric store in McPherson, Kansas is going out of business (so sad) so they are having an amazing liquidation sale. My friend Kylie and her mom and I went up Thursday after work to check out the deals and we all came home with some pretty fabric. Excited to use it for something, just need to decide what! :)
Yesterday my mom and one of her best friend's came to Wichita to help me move some stuff to Topeka. While they were here we did quite a bit of shopping and found some great bargains! My mom had seen an ad that "Dean and Deluca", a gourmet food and cooking store that is headquartered here was having their annual warehouse sale after the holiday season. It was UH-MA-ZING!!! We weren't really sure what to expect but for any of you that have been to "Dean and Deluca", you know it can be a pricey trip. Everything was SUPER marked down, like if it started at $9, it was maybe $1. I can away with probably more stuff than I need but it was very fun! Definitely something I would like to attend again next year!

We also went to "The Spice Merchant" here in town and it was a really neat store....lots of cooking sauces/spices/tools, as well as coffee/tea. Somewhere I would definitely recommend. We also went to "Cocoa Dulce", which is a chocolate store that I had a gift card to for my birthday that my co-workers have given me...we had fun picking out some tasty treats. The one bummer of the day was that "The Nifty Nut House" closed at 2:00 and we didn't try to go until 3:30, so nuts! :( Here are some of the great steals of the day.

Some of sweets I got from "Dean and Deluca" that were crazy cheap, and my capers for my dad...

Kettle corn, olive oil with herbs to dip bread in, the "Dean and Deluca" holiday cd, along with HOT Wasabi peas for a friend and mango hot sauce for my dad that we found at "The Spice Merchant"....
The wine rack I got for my sis at "Dean and Deluca"....

No comments: