Monday, September 8, 2008

K....S.....U......Wildcats!!!

This weekend flew by with a little bit of work at my parents' house and some fun at the K-State game. My parents, sis and I have season tickets to the K-State football games and while we missed the season opener last weekend; Meg, Dad and I (mom stayed home to work on the house) went to cheer on the Cats against Montana State (not a powerhouse). My parents used to take us to games when we were pretty young...my dad is a KSU grad, so it's been instilled in us from a young age to cheer for K-State! We didn't go much as Meg and I became involved in sports in grade school and many of our weekends growing up were spent on either a court or field. However, since I started college in the fall of 2000, I have had season tickets and it has become something that I look forward to doing with family and friends.

Anyway, Saturday we grabbed some Goodcents (no time for fancy tailgaiting this time), pulled into Manhattan and started to see all of the familiar sites of a gameday and got to the stadium about an hour before the game. So exciting!! We ate our sandwiches and off into the stadium we went. My dad got the smart points for the day as he thought to pack ponchos! It started sprinkling on us soon after the game started. Yea Bob!! Here are a few pics from the game...Meg left after the first to go to a bachelorette party and Bob and I toughed it out until halfway through the second quarter...we were up 45-7 so we thought it was safe to go since we were getting rained on. The final was 69-10...I look forward to going to games this season; hopefully they all have a similar score in the favor of the Wildcats!! :)

Meg and me in our seats...

My dad fleeing to the car in his poncho! Meg and I's view (pre-rain)...




The start of the 2nd quarter..The start of the rain; view from my parents seats.

No comments: