Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Makeover Time!

Somehow I luckily ended up with my friend Sarah's old family rocking chair that her family wasn't ready to part with, (it's been around a long time) but they didn't really have a good place to keep it. So, for now, it was at my house to use until the time came when Sarah wanted it back....problem was that it needed to be recushioned and recovered. As of tonight, problem solved! A couple months ago, I bought some fabric to recover the chair, but I was lacking the skills on how to do it. I have another rocking chair that's going to be recovered with the same fabric. It's fun how a little change can give a room a whole different feel. Here are a few before and after pictures:





Before-








After-



2 comments:

Morgan said...

looks great!!! i need to do this to a few of my ikea chairs. you've inspired me to get on it! :)

Kylie said...

looks fabulous! Love that fabric still. Need to come sit on it soon!