Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Resuming....

It seems like life (at least in blogging world, and kind of outside of it too) has been on hold for me lately. A lot has been going on in my world, namely someone that is one of the closest people to my heart has been diagnosed and begun a battle with cancer, as well one of my best friends since high school was killed in a car accident on Valentine's Day. I was Tisharria's maid of honor at her wedding in January and her sudden death has seemed so very surreal. Her husband was in the car with her and is recovering slowly back at his home. We've been in contact through phone/text; T couldn't have picked a better guy and his positive attitude is helping him through this awful time. Right before Tisharria walked down the aisle, she and I were alone in the dressing room in the church and I told her what an awesome guy she was marrying and how he the two of them set the bar for the kind of relationship I want in my life. It gives me comfort knowing that when she died, she was so truly happy and with the love of her life. I really want everyone to know that while it's definitely been a rough month, I have genuinely appreciated all my friends' support and loved my family even harder than usual. Times like these shock us into evaluating our lives and look at what we're doing and not doing....and most of all, remind us what's important.

So, I haven't felt like blogging but feel like it's a good way for me to vent/remember/document/process everything that has been going on. I also didn't feel like I could resume writing without at least briefly acknowledging what's really been going on in my life. It would seem fake/disrespectful to start posting about the usual....which honestly is a bunch of stuff that doesn't matter, without being truthful. I don't plan on my blog being a place to focus on my family member's cancer fight, as I want to respect their privacy or to focus on Tisharria, but I would like to start up again and see what inspires me. If anyone had ever met "T", they know that she was SO MUCH FUN and one of the happiest people I know. I want to honor her and our friendship by trying to include a little bit of her spirit in my life. To do that, it means finding/continuing what makes me happy and doing it with a huge smile on my face, just like she did every single day!

No comments: