Friday, May 15, 2009

Batter up!

Last night was my first softball game in a co-rec league here in Topeka. Our name is the "Big Whiffers"....it's a team that my mom's co-worker's daughter organized, if that makes sense. It's mainly teachers that she works with at a local high school. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I look forward to our games on Thursday thoughout the summer (especially now that Greys is over). I got on base with singles 4 out of 5 times (struck out the other time). I really like to bat. I however, do NOT like to be in the field. I used to play first, which was good, but a guy that has been on this team in prior years claimed it. So, I marched out to right field I (which is good cause not as many balls are hit there). In fact, only one ball was hit there all night. Therefore, I only threw a ball one time. We were tied 10-10 going into the last inning and ended up losing 17-14. Better luck next time!

No comments: